Monday, May 5, 2008

So, I'm still at chemo. We brought The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and Charlie Wilson's War, but natch, the DVD player isn't working.

Thankfully brought the laptop, but that means I'm forced to get my work out of the way. Yawn. Fingers crossed that the side-effects are less; all the docs and nurses say yes, but each person is different.

Tonight we're eating at Michael's, my favorite restaurant in Miami. First they said 6:45 or 8:45, then I pulled the Chemo Card and voila, 7:15 I'm in!

What happened today was that one of the drugs leaked into the other IV bag thingy, so they had to start over. That set us back about an hour+. We've been here since 10:30 and won't be out till 6:30. UGH. Luckily dad's good friend from Ft. Laud drove in so he's been relatively entertained—I actually wrote 'awkward' instead of 'entertained' when I first posted. Oh, CB, why must you fuck with me so? We dined with said friend and his wife last night at Joe's, and I ate SO many of their decadent French and sweet potato fries that the wife asked him if I was high.

I told him to tell her no, that I was just starving because I'd eaten very little that day in anticipation of their marvelous side dishes. We'll see about the side-effects after tomorrow.

No comments: